Thursday, July 10, 2008

Busy, Busy

This morning my snooze button actually worked. Martin woke up and cried at about 6:30, but he quickly quieted down and went back to sleep for another half hour. It is a good thing because I needed the rest since we had a busy day. This morning I taught the lesson for VBS at church. I first taught a group of 3-4 year olds, and then a group of 5-6 year olds. There is a definite difference in the age groups. I actually found the 3-4 year olds more enjoyable. During music time, Martin had a blast watching all the little kids and eventually got down and started dancing along to the songs they were singing.
After VBS we did some shopping. As usual, Martin charmed the sample ladies at the grocery store. It is a good thing that they had samples today because it helped distract Martin from his bad mood since he hadn't had a nap all day. We were at Target and Martin suddenly stood up in the cart and refused to sit down. It took me a second to realize the reason why, he had totally soaked through his diaper. So I had to leave the cart where it was, carry a very wet kid out to the parking lot and change all his clothes in the back seat of the car. When we were done at Target I walked outside to hear the sirens going off. Apparently there were some pretty severe thunderstorms rolling through. We made it home safely though.
Then we met up with Ric and Val, our friends from church, for supper. After supper we came back to our house and practiced the songs we are singing for Jenna's wedding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh good! how did the singing go? you guys are going to sound wonderful I bet! keep up the hard work!

- Jenna and Luke :)