Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two New Tricks

I noticed Martin doing two things today that I haven't seen him do before. Ever since he figured out how to do it, Martin has enjoyed coughing. He used to cough all the time, but now he usually only coughs when he hears someone else coughing. Today he added a new element to his coughing, he covers his mouth. I never showed him how; it is just more proof that he is very observant.
After supper we went outside for a few minutes so Martin could get rid of some extra energy since we were cooped up inside all day due to the rain. Martin was walking in the grass (and getting soaked...oh well) and he fell down. I, being the awesome parent that I am, didn't want to get my feet wet, so I didn't go pull him up like I normally would have. Since there was nothing anywhere near him to pull himself up on, Martin decided to get up on his own. It was a little bit of a struggle, but he got up on his feet with no help.

No comments: