Tonight was the first night that I took Martin to a babysitter that we had to pay for. (Babysitters sure make a lot more money these days than they did when I was babysitting.) I particpated in Ladies' Bunco Night at church. Dave has joined a baseball league and they had their first game tonight. We enlisted the services of a girl from church to take care of Martin. I actually left Martin at her house since it doesn't work to bring her here seeing how she lives in Rochester. Everthing seems to have gone well. Martin didn't even notice that I left since he had new toys to explore. However, when I came back I got one of the tightest hugs he has ever given me...the highlight of my evening.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Next time you can drop him off at my place, I won't charge you for babysitting.
Dude, you don't know expensive until you pay a sitter in Massachusetts. For two kids, we were paying $10-$12/hr. (Which is why we went out approximately once a year. Or less.) So, yes, we probably owe you and Amanda some serious money for the summers you came. Though I suspect the statute of limitations has run out on that. We'd be happy to exchange our services watching Martin, though (especially since we can task Ethan with keeping him entertained).
Wow, I guess I have nothing to complain about. And to think that back in the day I put up with a bratty group of 4 for a measly $2 an hour.
Post a Comment