Martin started going to school last week. He's such a genius we just couldn't wait. ;) I have been trying to find a playgroup or something similar to expose Martin to other kids his age, but I haven't been very successful. However, I found an Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) class in the latest Community Education booklet and I thought we would try it out. The class is actually held in Hayfield which is about 15 minutes south of here. We went for the first time last week, and to be honest it was awful. I left thinking that I didn't want to ever go back. There were some very fun toys in the ECFE room, and although there was a short playtime at the beginning of class, that wasn't enough for Martin. I spent most of the time trying to get him to stop crying listen to the teacher because all he wanted to do was play. We went for our second class today, and I am very glad to say that things were much better this time around. He helped put toys away when playtime was over and never once cried to go play with them again. He sat in the circle with the other kids and listened to the teacher. Today they read a story about Clifford the big red dog, and for craft time they made a Clifford face. I did all the cutting out for him, but Martin did the coloring and even helped with gluing the pieces together. He was so excited when he realized that what he was making matched what the teacher had displayed at the front of the room. In fact, as soon as his was done he took it up and propped it up on the whiteboard right next to the teacher's. The whole way home he held his Clifford project up and kept saying, "Puppy, puppy!" I am looking forward to next week's class, and I am pretty sure Martin is too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment