There are definitely Sundays when getting through church seems about as easy as running a marathon. Today, however, I was reminded of how worthwhile it is to put up with the struggle of keeping a kid quiet and in church. I'm sure you know how many prayers kind of sound the same at the end. Martin has recognized this too and today he gave the loudest clearest "Amen" at the end of the prayer of the day. He was about a half second earlier than the congregation, so it really stood out. I couldn't have been prouder! We had a long service today with installation of new church council members and communion, so by the time we got to the closing liturgy Martin was pretty restless. Dave was holding him during the prayer right before the blessing and Martin wanted to come to me so he was saying "Mama" and trying to get over to me. However, in the appropriate spot, he stopped whimpering and said, "Amen." It wasn't as clear as the first one, but it was there.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man that kid is so cute, I miss him.
Post a Comment