Thursday, February 12, 2009

Martin Had a Plan

Today I felt a little bit manipulated by my 1 1/2 year old. We went outside to play and right away Martin took all the toys that are stored in his wagon and laid them out nicely on the step. Once the wagon was empty he looked at me and said, "ride?" Since Martin's favorite activity, shoveling, is not an option right now, I decided that going for a walk was a good idea. As I got the wagon out of the garage Martin showed me the direction he wanted to go, down the path towards the school, so I followed him. In the end, we walked to the park by the school. And I do mean we walked. Martin walked the whole way, and I followed pulling an empty wagon. The kid obviously had the park in mind the whole time. I don't know if I am giving him too much credit, but I think he wanted the wagon along so he wouldn't have to walk all the way back.

No comments: