Monday, October 13, 2008

Practice What You Preach

In church on Sunday, Martin showed us that is is paying attention to some of the things that we are trying to teach him. Martin was sitting on my lap and it was time to pray. As we typically do, I told him it was time to pray and that he should fold his hands. He did and placed his folded hands next to my folded hands on his lap. Then he happened to look over and saw that Dave was holding a hymnal. That was not acceptable. So Martin said (loudly) "Daddy!" and reached over and pushed the hymnal shut. Once Dave obediently put down the hymnal and folded his hands, Martin refolded his hands until the 'Amen'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And they say little kids don't get anything out of church! I'll bet if he could talk you would be amazed at what he all understands.
PS - I love the new fall picture in your header.