Today we replaced the tree that blew down in the storm last week. It was a lot more work than either of us thought it would be. We went to the same nursery where we bought the old tree, and bought the same kind that we had before. We were both amazed at how small the new tree was; ours had really grown in the 3 years we had it. Before we could plant the new tree, we had to remove the stump from the old one. Here's where the hard work came in. It seemed like Dave and I were digging and cutting roots forever and the stump still wouldn't budge. Then we came up with the brilliant idea to hitch the stump up to the truck and pull it out. I wanted to get a picture of the event, but the camera didn't work. (The reason why is a story for another time.) After a number of attempts from multiple angles, we finally got the stump out. Here's what the garden looks like now:
After the tree planting we took a little break and then headed into Rochester for a Divers concert. Before the concert we ate at the Pizza Ranch. I actually felt a little guilty that we didn't have to pay for Martin because he ate so much. Dave and I were both shocked at how much food he was able to fit in his little belly. On the way to the concert, I told Martin where we were going and told him that he could dance to the music. As soon as he heard me say dance he started dancing in his car seat. This kid continually amazes us on how much he understands.
The concert was fun, but exhausting. Martin would not sit still. He kept running around and grabbing the Styrofoam plates and cups that people had left laying on the grass. At one point he spilled a cup of water on two girls. He did spend some time dancing though, and it was so adorable. He was so wired by the end of the concert that, even though it was past his bedtime, he stayed away for the whole ride home. If only I had his energy!
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Hello New Friend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a nice change from this morning!
Post a Comment