I guess that it has been a week since I last posted. Here are the highlights. On Sunday we hired a babysitter to take care of Libby and took Grandpa P's boat to the lake with our neighbors. We had a lot of fun. Martin even felt brave enough to try tubing and this time he enjoyed it a great deal. If you ask him he will love to tell you all about it.
On Monday Libby rolled over from back to front, so technically she is able to get around, but she doesn't understand yet that she can use her new found skills to do so. She just rolls over onto her stomach, spits up, gets her face in it and cries...all day long. I don't know if it is all the extra tummy time she is giving herself, but she has become a very spit up prone baby. :( I feel like I need to do a load of laundry every other day so that I can wash burp rags.
On Wednesday there was a knock on the door and when I answered it there was a guy outside who offered to clean the carpet in one room of the house for free. If you have seen the state of my living room carpet you would understand how good the offer sounded. It wasn't until I had agreed that he mentioned that he was a vacuum cleaner salesman and I had to first watch a demonstration of the amazing Kirby vacuum before they cleaned my carpet. The whole thing was so true to the stereotype that I couldn't help laughing a few times. They even dumped a pile of baking soda (dirt would have been too stereotypical I guess) on the carpet. The whole thing seemed to take forever, but they did get a few (but by no means all of the) spots out of the carpet. I don't think Dave will ever let me live it down though.
Yesterday I took Martin and Libby into Rochester to play at a park. (I just needed to get out of the house.) Nothing too exciting happened, but I did notice that Martin is starting to try to play with other kids instead of just playing beside them. It makes me all the more eager for school to start up again so that he can be around a group of kids on a regular basis.
Tonight we have plans to go out to dinner with some friends of ours. Grandma & Grandpa W are coming to watch the kids. That means Libby will have a babysitter for the second time in less that a week! Unheard of! :)
Friday, August 28, 2009
Summary of Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We just had a Kirby saleperson at our house too. I knew full well we'd get the spiel, but it was a fair price to pay to get our carpet vacuumed and shampooed.
-eric
Oh, I am so glad that I am not the only one!
Post a Comment