This morning I had both Martin and Libby outside, and Martin decided that he wanted to go for a walk. He had a particular idea in mind. I was supposed to put Libby in the stroller and he was going to push his Sesame Street walker. (This is the only decent picture we have of the walker...although there is some old video of him using it) It was really too cute of an idea for me to say no, so we started out down the path. I had every intention of going to the end of the path and turning back, but for some reason I let Martin talk me into going all the way to the park. (It is worth noting that the walk to the park is a lot longer now since they are building an addition onto the school in the middle of our old path to the park.) Anyway, we made it to the park with no problems. Martin had fun playing; he has mastered climbing up a three rung ladder which was scary for me to watch at first. However, the time came for us to go home for lunch (and nap) and that is when the screaming began. First Martin wanted to stay and play, then he accepted the fact that we had to leave, but he wanted me to carry him. Things got worse from there, I ended up taking Libby out of the stroller and while holding her forced a very upset Martin to sit in the stroller. (It took three tries.) Then I had to shove the Sesame Street walker into the bottom of the stroller and push the whole thing one handed with Martin screaming the whole way. It was a long walk home. Thankfully, Libby slept through it all.
Friday, June 12, 2009
My Arms are Tired
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment