First of all, I have never claimed to be a good housekeeper. I would much rather do just about anything than clean. That being said I have made an effort to keep my floors clean since Martin has become more mobile. The other day I was especially motivated and not only swept, but mopped the kitchen floor. I was so proud of myself for doing such a fine cleaning job. However, it seems kids have a way of making you humble. Not more than a half hour later Martin came crawling through the kitchen and instantly zeroed in on something and managed to pop it in his mouth before I know what was happening. When I dug it out of his mouth I saw that he managed to find a grain of rice...I guess my cleaning job wasn't as great as I thought it was.
My cleaning spree happened before I got sick, of course. (We are both feeling much better by the way.) Clean floors weren't a priority when I was in the middle of fighting off my cold, and having a 'dirty' floor actually came in handy. Let me explain. Anytime that I have something to eat, Martin insists on eating as well, so I usually put some Cheerios on the coffee table and let him go nuts so I can snack in peace. Well, one small piece of Cheerio must have fallen out of his mouth and glued itself to the carpet. Over the next few days, anytime that Martin crawled near that spot, he would stop and try to pick up the Cheerio. It would keep him busy for the longest time, which was nice, because it meant that I could rest and not have to entertain him.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
(Not So) Clean Floors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment