Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cowboy/Cowgirl Day

The kids had “Wacky Week” at school this past week. Each day had a different dress up theme.On Friday the theme was Cowboy/Cowgirl day. As we started to think about what the kids could wear, we came to realize that we didn’t have anything cowboy related in our house. No cowboy hats, no cowboy boots, no bandanas etc… Martin brought up the idea of making a cowboy hat out of paper, and so we Googled it and happened upon a site that outlined how to make a cowboy hat out of paper mache. I decided to give it a try. I had visions of having a fun crafting experience with my kids, but it turned out that neither one of them wanted to get their hands dirty, so I ended up having to do all the paper mache work myself. The kids did paint their hats though, and, if I do say so myself, they turned out pretty well. The hats were a big hit at school. The other kids were impressed with them, so our Cowboy/Cowgirl day ended up being a success.

P1000253

Painting their hats. As an aside, we no longer have our kitchen table and hutch (thus the card table).  We didn’t want to move them to the new house, so we sold them.

 

P1000257

Cowboy Martin

 

P1000260

Cowgirl Libby

No comments: