On Friday we hosted a birthday party for Martin and Libby’s school friends. We invited the whole school and had 7 friends come to play who ranged in age from preschool to 2nd grade. This was the first time we hosted a party for friends, so the kids were super excited, but I was a little nervous. Everything went really well, though, and everyone had a really great time.
We had beautiful weather, so the kids were able to play outside when they got home from school. So many of our outside toys that don’t get played with much anymore got brought out and were enjoyed. They also had an mini t-ball game.
Once they had played for a while, we started with some organized games. They had a scavenger hunt, and a balloon popping game. Then they decorated bags to use for the piñata which was the party’s grand finale.
I am pretty sure that my kids appreciated all the work I put into the party. Martin kept giving me hugs all night and saying thank you, and that made it totally worth it. :)
Playing Frisbee
The girls had a ton of fun playing t-ball with Maddy.
Off on a scavenger hunt!
What is a party with out balloons?
Enjoying their pigs in a blanket. Except the little girl hiding behind Libby…she only ate Cheetos.
Present opening time
Cake!
Piñata time!
1 comment:
Wow! I am super impressed with your parenting skillz! Having that many little people under your supervision is no small feat!
Post a Comment