Libby turned 3 on Monday. (Yeah… last Monday…I’ve had a busy week.) Unfortunately, I missed most of her birthday because I was stuck in an airport, but that is a story for another post. By the time I got to see my baby girl on her big day it was almost 5 PM. My plans for the day had to be changed, but things turned out OK. Libby asked for pizza for her birthday supper, so we decided to go out to Pizza Ranch. Grandma and Grandpa Paulsen and Grandpa Woller were able to join us, so it felt like a party. Libby hardly ate because she was so excited to open the presents we brought along. The highlights were a toy blender and a Cinderella toy from Martin.
Due to the whole airport delay I didn’t get a chance to make Libby a cake on her birthday, so we did that the next day. Libby just assumed it was still her birthday and I didn’t tell her otherwise. (That helped to alleviate some of the mommy guilt I felt from missing most of her real birthday.) We also measured her and discovered that she had grown 3 3/4 inches since last year. (I never measured how much hair she grew in the last year. I probably should have…it is pretty impressive.)
No comments:
Post a Comment