One of Martin's favorite games right now is to spin himself around in circles until he gets dizzy. It is pretty entertaining to watch, but a little bit scary since he doesn't have much control over where he is spinning and is always dangerously close to running into furniture. Tonight he put a new twist on the game; (making it even more dangerous) he was spinning in circles with a blanket over his head. He also wasn't doing this in the family room like he usually does, but in the playroom/guest room which has significantly less space. (I have included a picture of the room for your reference for those of you that have not seen it.) Well Martin was having a grand old time, and I must admit I couldn't stop laughing at him, so he was getting plenty of encouragement. Unfortunately, the inevitable happened and Martin fell and hit the back of his head on the foot board of the bed. He did what he usually does when he gets a minor injury, he cried for about 30 seconds, came and got a quick hug from me and then was back at it. Not more than 2 minutes after he hit the bed he fell again. This time he hit his face, somewhere near his eye, on the toy box. It was definitely a more painful fall, so I pulled him into my lap and gave him some hugs. He accepted the hugs for a few seconds, but then wiggled to get off my lap so that he could start spinning circles again. He was obviously having a lot of fun, but at that point I decided I had better put an end to it before we ended up going to the emergency room for stitches. I have always been proud of how tough Martin seems to be, but now I am wondering if it might also be a cause for worry. I wonder how many broken bones are in our future. :)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment