Monday, November 24, 2008

We're Going on a Bear Hunt

Here's another story that I bet every parent can relate to. This weekend, Bear, Martin's very special friend, (or as they say in the Mommy circles, his lovey) went missing. On Saturday night we decided to head into Rochester for dinner and some grocery shopping. As we were about to head out the door I went back to grab Bear to put him in the diaper bag. Unfortunately, I could find him. I looked in Martin's room, the living room, downstairs and I still couldn't find him. Soon all three of us were searching everywhere we could think of. We moved furniture, flipped the couches over to look beneath them, pulled the mattress up on Martin's bed; I was even searching in rooms whose doors had been closed all day. Martin actually did pretty well with the whole ordeal. His face showed real concern at times, but he never cried. I think he was most frustrated with the fact that he had to run around the house with his winter coat on. After about 20 minutes of searching I decided to give up; we needed to leave if we were going to get to eat supper at a reasonable time. As we walked past the bathroom on the way out, you could see the light bulb go off over Dave's head. He suddenly remembered that Martin had gotten into the bathroom earlier in the afternoon. Sure enough, Dave opened one of the drawers in the bathroom and there was Bear safe and sound. Whew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait till he leaves it in a restaurant and you get to crawl on the floor around the diner's feet to retrieve it...fun!