Friday, September 21, 2012

Fall Camping

Last weekend we decided to take one last camping trip for the year. We didn’t want to go far and so we ended up at Myre-Big Island state park near Albert Lea. We brought our bikes along and spent most of the day Saturday going on bike rides around the park. Martin even rode his own bike for portions of our treks and overall did a really great job. However, since Martin wasn’t able to ride his own bike the entire time, Dave had to come up with a way to haul his little bike along some of the time. I wish I would have taken a picture, but I forgot. You will have to imagine what it looked like. He had his bike, followed by the tag along bike, followed by the bike trailer with Martin’s little bike bungee strapped to the top. It looked pretty funny, but I was very grateful to not have to haul a kid around behind me.

Other than bike riding, the other big activity that kept the kids busy was scavenging for fire wood. I was cold the first morning when we got up. I wanted to build a little fire to warm up, but I didn’t want to waste the $5 a bundle wood we had bought, so I sent the kids out to find some sticks to burn. Well, it didn’t take long and the kids were bringing back braches that were way bigger than they were. Needless to say, we ended up with plenty of firewood.

P1060679

 

P1060681 All that bike riding can wear a guy out.

 

P1060683 So this isn’t the best backdrop to show off some of the big sticks they found, but trust me they were big.

No comments: