With the exception of Christmas time, I don’t decorate. However, since I have a fall birthday I have received numerous fall decorations. I typically display them after receiving them, and, at the end of the season, I put them in a box never to be seen again. Well, Martin has been asking for weeks to put out some pumpkin decorations. I knew I had some window clings that I used back in my teaching days and I told him that we would get them out. However, I kept forgetting and the only time that he would remind me about it was when we were shopping or in the car etc. So last night imagine my surprise when I came home from choir practice to see that every fall decoration that I have ever received was out on display. The kids, especially Martin, were bouncing off the walls excited about the decorating job that they had done. Today I pulled out the window clings and the kids went crazy decorating with those too. (They were so eager they even washed my windows first.) My house has never been so festive!
1 comment:
That is the best part of decorating, the reactions of the kids as they help to do it. It is so much fun, and your post makes me excited to get to ours!
-Denice
Post a Comment