Saturday, May 7, 2011

Libby is Two!!!

Today was Libby’s birthday and she is now officially a two year old. All in all I think she had a pretty nice birthday. We started the day by letting her open her presents. She got to have one of her favorites, pancakes, for lunch. After nap time God decided to give her some beautiful weather so we played outside until we decided to take a spur of the moment trip out for supper and some disc golfing. After that it was back home for some birthday cake before bed. She really seemed to understand that it was her special day. She couldn’t stop singing happy birthday to herself all day and loved to mention the fact that it was her birthday.

 

P1050430

Having fun opening presents

 

P1050435

Sporting her new puppy bath towel

 

P1050438

Taking a call on her new princess phone

 

P1050443

Special birthday pancakes

 

P1050447

Birthday cake

Amanda’s comment about Libby’s wardrobe changes reminded me of one other thing of note that I wanted to mention in this post. When we were making her birthday cake that morning I was letting Martin hold the electric beater when we had a bit of a miscue. He thought I was grabbing the beater from him when in reality I wasn’t. Anyways, Martin let go and the beater fell over and sprayed chocolate cake batter over all three of us and a good portion of the kitchen. It was actually pretty funny but Martin felt bad about it.  (The second wardrobe change was only because the weather turned out so much warmer that I expected, and I needed to put her in short sleeves.)

2 comments:

sw said...

Happy Birthday, Libby!

Amanda said...

Only two and she is fancy enough for wardrobe changes!?

Super cute, love the puppy towel.