Martin has an Oscar the Grouch book that we read recently, and he must have the name Oscar stuck in his head because he was repeating it over and over. He just paused, and asked me, "What does Oscar mean?"
I replied, "It's a name like Fred or..."
Then Martin interrupted, "Like Agnes?"
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
It Made Me Giggle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Where has he heard the name "Agnes?"
I had no idea, so I just asked Martin and he brought me one of his books, Sammy the Seal whose original copyright is 1959. Sure enough, on one page the teacher is asking the students a question and she asks, "Is it you, Dorothy, Robert, Fred, Joan, or Agnes?"
That kids memory absolutely amazes me.
And I think when time comes for Paulsen baby 3 you should have Martin name it :)
Post a Comment