Sunday, March 28, 2010

This and That

I don't really have a story that is enough for a whole post, so I figured that I would post a bunch of random things that have gone on around here lately.

I noticed that other day that when it is windy outside Martin says that it is winding. (You know like raining, or snowing.)

Martin notices every stop light when we are driving. He has been known to yell at Dave to slow down for a red light about three or four blocks before we get to it.

Bath time has become one of my least favorite chores right now. I have both kids in the tub at the same time and I spend the entire time telling Martin not to splash or push Libby over or yelling at Libby to sit down. Tonight Martin added a new headache as he started doing chin-ups on the bar built into the wall of the shower.

Libby is developing an adventurous streak. She really likes to climb on things. For example, the other day she was climbing on the Sesame Street walker in order to climb up on the coffee table. She also is very determined to stand up whenever she is in a shopping cart, or highchair, or the stroller. (She reminds me of her Aunt Mae Mae when she was a little girl, because Mae Mae could get out of her car seat before we left the driveway.)

Martin has always been really interested in singing. He always amazes me at how quickly he can learn a new song. Lately he has been starting to make up his own songs. In the truck recently he made up a song about the red and green lights.

And finally, Libby is still at a stand still on the walking front (pun intended he he). She has taken two shaky steps at a time, but she really hasn't shown a whole lot of interest in the whole walking thing. But that is fine by me. :)

2 comments:

Grandma Millie said...

Heck, sometimes we weren't even out of the garage and that little Houdini had wriggled out of her car seat...

Amanda said...

:) I was just trying to escape from this crazy family!