Tuesday, July 28, 2009

1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato... is there a 4th potato?

Let's see, the first time I posted was for the birth of a child, so that should give you some perspective on the importance of this post...

Today, I tore apart the potato box. I realize it was a little premature, but the plants were pretty much dead, and I had already conceded disappointment after re-reading the blog that was the inspiration for the box which stated Yukon Golds won't produce in the tower. Not to mention that the box was shading a tomato plant or two.

So here are the results. Instead of more potatoes than a family could eat in one year, the potato box produced enough "baby" potatoes for one meal. (1 Yuan provided for your visual reference. Coincidentally, that's also the monetary value of the potatoes.)


Initially there was a dream of 100 lbs of potatoes (I managed to read that part of the blog). And as you may be able to see, I hit that target dead on. No. Wait. There's a decimal point between the 1 and the zeroes. D'oh!

Good luck, Eric. I think you have me beat this year. But don't think for a second that there won't be a re-match next year. For your reference, I had potatoes at the top of the tower and at the bottom where the seed potato was planted, but there was nothing in between.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, one pound, eh? I think I can beat that. I'm very tempted to dig into the bottom level just to see what's there. I'll let you know.

-Eric