We had a great time at Camp Croix, although we are utterly exhausted. It turns out that chasing after a toddler is even harder when you don't have four walls to contain him and the terrain is rough, and there are grills and fire pits and garbage cans and... I think you get the idea. Dave is very glad to have a weekend to recover. In the end, Martin came home surprisingly uninjured and healthy with nothing but a few mosquito bites as proof of his outdoor adventures. Here are some of the highlights, in no particular order:
- Watching Martin play with his cousins; in particular, watching him chase them around with a broom.
- Finding out that Martin is going to get another BOY cousin. (Hope this is OK to share, Eric & Denice)
- Dave throwing a peanut shell on the marshmallow that Eric was roasting.
- Sharing a sleeping bag with Martin. (Turns out that he is a terrible pillow hog!)
- Giving Martin a bath in the sink in the bathroom like Mom did to me when I was a baby.
- Seeing the bald eagles in their nest.
- Going for a very brief canoe ride with Martin and getting back just before the rain storm.
- Watching Martin and his cousins playing on the beach.
- Seeing the variety of hobos that we had for supper.
- Sitting around the campfire until 1 in the morning, talking about all the memories that we have.
- Getting woken up by four obnoxious teenage boys.
- Marvelling at how much dirt one kid can eat.
You can check out the pictures of our adventure here.
1 comment:
People who don't know what hobos are will be rather puzzled about the eating them for supper part.
Also, I sure hope I get to hear about my new nephew being born over a blog, I guess that isn't much worse than hearing a faculty member on the phone talk about Rylee's birth as I was taking a Calculus test.
Post a Comment