We have had a couple encounters with baby animals around here lately. First of all, the other day when I went out to water my flower garden in the front yard, I noticed that one of my creeping phlox plants looked a little strange. Upon closer inspection I discovered some very ugly little animals (which I later figured out were bunnies) huddled together in a little hole cut into the middle of my plant. My initial reaction was to try to drown them, so I turned the hose on full blast and let them have it. After a while I realized that it probably wasn’t going to work and that it was going to waste a lot of water, so I gave up on the idea. I also realized that if I did succeed and killed the things then I would somehow have to remove the carcasses, and the thought of doing that grossed me out completely. Also, Libby had discovered them too and was very interested in the “baby animals”. So now we have three bunnies living in the front garden, who, I must admit, are getting cuter every day.
Our other encounter with baby animals came on our way home from T-ball tonight. We took a shortcut on a gravel road and noticed something in the road ahead of us. As we got closer, we saw that they were three baby raccoons with no mother in sight. They were just sitting in the middle of the road and didn’t move at all as the truck got closer. Dave stopped the truck and got out to scare them away. To our surprise , instead of running away from him the raccoons ran right toward him. So of course, we all had to get out of the truck to get a closer look. The raccoons weren’t scared at all and they came right up to my feet and would have touched me if I hadn’t moved away. They must have been related to some State Park raccoons or something.
1 comment:
They must have been related to some State Park raccoons or something.-
Yes, that sounds about right. Those will probably be the ones we are attempting to chase from our campsite in the future.
DW
Post a Comment