Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Update

So I thought I would give you all an update on how things are going around here. For having two surgeries in one week, I am actually doing pretty well. So far the recovery from the second surgery has been easier than the first. With the first surgery I developed a large hematoma (i.e. bruise/blood clot) at the main incision site. This time (at least so far) I have not had that problem and I am amazed at how much easier it makes things.

We have been very blessed to have so many family and friends who have been able to help us out. I honestly don’t know what we would have done without all the help that we have received.

The kids have been amazing through all of this. Although it does appear that they might be reaching the limit of their patience. Martin has grown up immensely in the last week. He has proven himself to be so helpful and has been so loving toward me and his sister. Libby is very frustrated with the fact that I can’t pick her up right now, but hopefully it won’t be too much longer before I can hold her again.

So thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. We are very grateful that even though things didn’t go as we had planned, in the end everything is going to be OK. We are hopeful that this will all soon be a distant memory.

No comments: