Today was ECFE school for us. We had a pretty memorable day so I thought I would share. First of all during circle time we got to sing Libby's favorite song, 'If You're Happy and You Know It'. This particular version has a verse that goes, "If you're happy and you know it kiss your brain". Then the kids kiss their hand and touch it to their heads. For whatever reason, Libby has completely fallen in love with that verse and impressed the teacher and other moms with her ability to do the actions. (She excels at it so much since she insists on practicing a LOT at home.)
At school we are doing an animal theme right now and today's class was about pigs. While discussing the different attributes of a pig the pig's tail was mentioned. One little girl spoke up saying, "I don't have a tail!" Then Martin felt the need to announce to everyone, "I have a penis!" So I guess that means he doesn't confuse it for a tail anymore.
For the art project today they made a pig and then got to 'paint' mud on it with chocolate pudding. Libby thought it was the coolest thing ever. She managed to get both hands completely covered. Once she realized that she could eat it her entire face was covered in pudding too, not to mention most of her shirt. She had a blast though and I have a feeling that I will have a hard time in the future keeping her from eating paint. Martin, on the other hand, started crying uncontrollably when he found out that he was expected to paint with his fingers. He really hates getting his hands dirty! I got him calmed down and he eventually did do the painting. He decided he didn't want to eat it though, but I was really proud of him for doing the painting.
The last thing we do at school is have a snack. As usual I sat down and put Libby on my lap. Right when we sat down I was distracted by one of the other little girls spilling her juice. Libby wasn't the least bit distracted and quickly grabbed her juice and spilt the entire cup onto our laps. So not only did Libby have a shirt full of pudding she now had pants full of juice. My pants managed to get pretty soaked as well. I don't think my kids have ever taken so long to finish their snack. It seemed like I was standing around in wet pants forever. So that was how our morning went. How about yours?
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
School Today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for posting this. After the past few days I needed a good laugh. It is always refreshing to know that there are other mothers out there who have days just like I do....
DW
My morning started at the plant at 6:30am to sit in on job analysis interviews. They were interesting.
Post a Comment