I hope all of you had a great Memorial Day Weekend. We had a fun, full weekend. On Saturday we went to Olivia's birthday pool party. Despite almost shivering to death at times, Martin had a blast playing in the pool and "water slide" with his cousins. Then we went to see the Paulsen cousins and have dinner at Grandma Paulsen's house. It was a long busy day and Martin even fell asleep on the way home which is something that he never seems to do anymore.
On Sunday we took a family trip to the next town over to check out a disc golf course. It wasn't a very difficult course, which is good because we aren't very good. The highlight of the day for me was the fact that I threw my disc in the water only half as many times as Dave threw his in the water. Poor Martin was terrorized by the fact that we kept throwing the frisbees in the water, but he eventually got over it; the promise of ice cream cones when we were done helped him feel better. Libby had a blast just sitting in the stroller watching us.
Today we headed up to Cannon Falls to spend the day with Uncle Luke and Aunt Jenna and Emily. We brought our bikes along and took a nice long (ca 20 mile) bike ride on the Cannon Valley Trail. It was fun but very tiring, apparently even for the kids even though they just had to ride along. At one point Libby fell asleep and was sleeping with her head on Martin's shoulder. I wish I had my camera because it was one of the cutest things that I have ever seen. For the last mile or so both kids ended up sleeping. Martin was so tired that he didn't even notice that we were done.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Memorial Day Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend! I'm sure John will be glad to hear that you're checking out more disc golf courses for next time we visit. :)
Post a Comment