Thursday, February 18, 2010

Vacation in Duluth

This Sunday through Tuesday we took a mini vacation with our friends, the Quist family, to a water park hotel in Duluth. The kids were amazing travelers. Libby slept pretty much the entire trip up and Martin was content to watch the scenery go by for much of the time. We were a little disappointed with the setup of the water park. They had a huge bucket that dumped out a large amount of water about every 5 minutes in the middle of the zero entry pool. It scared Martin so much that he wouldn't go anywhere near that pool. He still had fun though. He actually really liked watching Dave and I go down the water slides. Libby surprised me with how much she loved being in the water. She would have stayed in the pool all day if I hadn't gotten cold.
We also spent a morning at a train/children's museum. I thought that Martin would be so excited to see the trains, and he was, until he saw how big they were and how small the pathways inside the trains were. He did really like the mail car though. He spent a lot of time in the children's museum portion building a pretend fire and doing puzzles.
Overall it was a really fun trip and the kids were so good that I would be willing to try it again sometime. :) The worst part was that we had to go home via Mankato. We scheduled this vacation before Dave had his teaching gig and so he had to reschedule his classes that are normally held on Monday to Tuesday evening. The kids and I visited Grandma Woller and the Mankato Woller cousins while Dave taught his classes. We eventually got home around 10pm...12 hours after we left Duluth.

If you look closely you can see Martin peeking his head out the window of this caboose.


I just thought this was funny.

Martin having fun "sorting mail".


Building a fire

Libby hanging out in our hotel room.

No comments: