On Memorial Day we decided to go to nearby Rice Lake state park and have a picnic lunch. It was a little spur of the moment, but we managed to remember everything (except a hat for Elizabeth.) It was a little windy, and the matches I grabbed were very reluctant to light, but we managed to get a camp fire going and roasted hot dogs for lunch. Martin had so much fun. I don't think he stopped jumping up and down the whole time we were there. Elizabeth was also well behaved and slept almost the whole time.
For supper we grilled some T-bones that we had in the freezer. I am convinced that, if given the opportunity, Martin could eat an entire steak himself. He probably had close to half of mine, and then refused to believe me when I told him that it was all gone. To prove it to him I gave him my bone, but I don't think he minded the fact that he was eating mostly gristle.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Memorial Day Activities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Like father, like son?
We aren't going to be able to feed your family steak if you come to our house!!! Just kidding, we'll just have to buy a bigger grill.
Glad to hear Elizabeth is well behaved.
Can't wait to meet her.
Lisa
Post a Comment