Sunday, March 8, 2009

Odds and Ends

There are a few things that Martin did this weekend that are mildly amusing and worth mentioning. We spent Saturday at Neil & Marianne's so that Dave could put some railings on the playhouse. Martin had a great time playing with his cousins Kati and Anna. When it came time to leave Martin was very liberal with the hugs and the 'goodbye's. What made me laugh was when he turned to his cousins and very clearly said "Goodbye kids!"
I was folding laundry this afternoon, and as usual Martin was 'helping' me. In order to distract him I gave him a rag and told him to wash the coffee table. He thought it was a good idea, but before he started to wipe the table he decided he needed to clear it off. So he did, by sweeping his arm along the top and pushing everything off onto the floor.
This evening I was singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" to Martin and I was really impressed that he was doing a lot of the actions with me. However, whenever I got to the part about the sun coming out to dry up all the rain, Martin made up his own action. Every time I sang it he said 'sun' and covered his eyes with his hands. Apparently when he thinks of the sun he only thinks of how bright it is.

No comments: